Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Samy Vellu to cling on to his post until he is 95

“If I leave the party now, MIC will go into disarray"

Citing an apparent lack of qualified successors in MIC, Samy has blasted his critics by telling them off for asking him to leave. Saying he is only prepared to go if EVERYONE in MIC tells him to leave, Samy has confirmed he is not about to give up his post to his deputy Datuk G. Palanivel, who now realizes that he has to stick around as his deputy for another 23 more years.

The embattled party president was asked to comment on talk that he was not favoured by a certain Barisan Nasional (BN) component party to continue to lead MIC and it was speculated that he may not be fielded on Sunday (Feb 24).



"They don't hate me. There are NO indications anyone hate me."

"I am not old (only 72), I will only be old at 95 and then MAYBE you can ask me to leave."

"I will not sacrifice myself for MIC!" (ad-libbed by JR, sorry, couldn't resist it)

Samy: "This may be my last term... err, no.. er... maybe my 6th last term la..."

Elsewhere: Khairy plots and wrangles his way to prevent Mukhriz from contesting

No comments: